42 point list

Ok

Working on a list for 42 points

hiro

hagane

minuro

2x Yarimen 

2x goshi

aim is to have two teams of three to outnumber and exhaust with the two samurai to hit hard when the other models lack MS.  Minuro can sit on an objective and snipe at anyone coming around the sides.  Keeping the two teams together works well to cover each other and benefit from hiros leadership bubble.

looking for feedback/thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Ret-A_Palmer's picture
Ret-A_Palmer

I thought one of the Prefecture people would have stepped in by now, lazy governors one and all!

It seems solid enough: you bring combo attack (0) for durable targets.  The goshi can help with some light footed problems the Prefecture has (especially against the Kami of Blighted Earth).  You even have a basic battle plan, all with 7 models at 42 rice.

Downside is that you're relying on models with little or no damage modifiers, and Hiro is the only one with Critical Strike.  Depending on whether you're worried about models with durable or not, you may want to swap Hagane out for Iiju as he is both a more reliable hitter with Cleave, and he can look after the Yarimen/Goshi with Inspiration.  Totally up to you though, combo attack (0) is pretty damn useful I find.

BoBo

Hi

Run simular list a lot and it works fine! You dont like shooting (wasapu)  and your models are sensetive to opposed ki test! I think you should work in a deflection card and do that by changing hagalne for genji. Then you have two models with critical strike (which in my opinion is a lot better than combostrike(0)).

/Bobo 

Ashley408's picture
Ashley408

Thanks both.  Good feedback.  I find that getting a good success level is better than cleave.  The feint on both samurai and hiros unblockable strike give me a great chance of a high success level and hence combo attack can kick in as well. Critical strike is nice but random.  The iron will and strong mind on the samurai do help against ki attacks but in my last game hiro did spend three turns 'contemplating' thanks to the monk on the turtle..…

announcement
yenohoney