New Ronin

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ashley408
Ashley408's picture
New Ronin

These guys look great and as a Ryu player my immediate thought was - great I can add them to my unthemed lists - but I see that some factions symbols are shown and not others so does that mean they can only be used with those factions as Ronin or something else?

Ret-darkframboisier
Ret-darkframboisier's picture

Yes it actually does, but don't worry, some other ronin usable by the prefecture are just around the corner ;)

zappod

will they be playable eventually as a seperat fraction?

Ret-A_Palmer
Ret-A_Palmer's picture

Technically no, but you can make an entirely ronin warband with the other profiles.

Ret-A_Palmer
Ret-A_Palmer's picture

Gah no editing.

You can make an entire warband with ronin profiles, but it will still be as a faction (Prefecture/Temple/Wave/etc) warband.

cain

is there a difference with their new faction symbol compared to the older multi faction models?
will they be updated to ronin?

GCT Master Enos
GCT Master Enos's picture

This is in the next errata, the old multi faction models are not Ronin, only models with Ronin faction symbols on the front of the card are.  We will look at which models need updating as we go, some are in the next wave!

Grand Master of Bushido (Smog Con '14)

Ashley408
Ashley408's picture

Great!

Perhaps the princess with the big bow will be joining my prefecture...we'll see.

Also be intresting to see how my Kappa fits in once everything settles.

GCT Master Enos

Kappa has the Ronin symbol, he just has text rather than faction symbols.
Not really looking at changes (I don't think he should be available to KKZ but thats just me) right now.

Wogshrog

I'm guessing it's in the next rule book but can you let us know what the new skill Hatred is doing ?

GCT Master Enos

Its in the next errata (Which will be out before the models are sent out).  
Its with retainers now so wording subject to change before final release but:

Profile Cards

8. Faction symbol: Which Faction the model belongs to. Your Warband can only recruit models that belong to the same Faction.

Some models are from the Ronin Faction.  Ronin models can be included in warbands of multiple different factions, as detailed on their card.  Ronin models may be recruited into any warband of a faction that is listed on the Ronin card either by faction symbol or in words. 

Ronin can only have Generic Enhancement cards and cannot be included in any theme lists unless the theme specifies Ronin of that type.
It is permissible to make a list for a given faction that includes only Ronin models.

And

Hatred (Type): This Model cannot be included in a warband that includes (Type) models.

yenohoney