Lightning Reflexes question plus scenario

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Brandon7220
Lightning Reflexes question plus scenario

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to Bushido, about 6 months into the game but I absolutely love it.  My friend and I are constantly playing whenever we get a rare opportunity. Because we are new we often come across scenarios during play that challenge the finer points of the game.  This is one we ran into a few nights ago.

-Model A activates and walks into combat with Model B.  Model A has the initiative.

-The standard steps for a melee exchange are conducted.

-Both models have selected their dice and are about to select their special attacks/defenses but then Model B wishes to play an instant Ki feat: Asp Strike, effectively giving it lightning reflexes for the rest of the exchange.

This is where the conflict arises.  The intent of Model B is use this Ki Feat and become the model that strikes first in order to go for a kill shot as Model B expects Model A to use mostly attack dice.  Is this a legal usage of this Ki Feat?

Wogshrog

You can't use a Ki feat after the dice are allocated, even an instant one, you have to do it prior to that so you can't trick your opponent. He will know that you are going to attack first before making any choice.

Axiam
Axiam's picture

In melee, even instant ki feats are limited to the two slots available as part of the melee exchange.

To actually go first with a ki feat you would have to pay for it prior to combat starting because the first ki feat slot during a melee exchange is after you have worked out the initiative order. Therefore, lightning reflexes would not trigger as the feat only allows access to the trait and does not change when the trait would trigger.

Axiam

Brandon7220

Awesome thank you for the clarification 

yenohoney