Funny business

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Brandon7220
Funny business

Hi all,

So the other day my friend and I ran into some problems with the rules.  I believe he was pulling some fast ones so I'm looking for clarification.  Now we are not new to this game but it's been several months since we've been able to play so it was difficult to pinpoint what the rule was at the time.  Here are the problems that popped up.

1.  When a model is removed from play due to death, does that model's remaining ki tokens get transfered over to any of the rest of his models?

2. When a model takes multiple penalties to his melee skill can it be lowered to a 0 or is 1 the base minimum? 

3. Can the intangible trait allow you move through a model and then use the remaining movement you have left to turn around and attack the flank of the opposing model for a surprise attack?

Thank you for your clarifications 

Ret-A_Palmer
Ret-A_Palmer's picture

1.) No.  The model is dead.  All tokens on it go away.

2.) A model will always roll 1 dice - you can reduce a model to below 1 dice, but for each dice below 1 you go, the other model gains +1 melee dice.
e.g.  My Ryu Yariman (MS 3) somehow applies -3 MS to a Bakemono Beater (MS 2).  That puts the Beater at -1 MS.  That's 2 dice below MS 1, so the Yariman gains +2 melee dice.

3.) Move through yes.  It will most likely not Surprise the enemy model though as the entire movement must somehow avoid the stationary model's LoS.

Brandon7220

Thank you for the clarification.

I must admit I though the intangible move was a legal play he did but it makes sense if the defending model had line of sight on the model in first place.

I didn't know about gain extra melee skill dice after you knock a model below 0.  Makes things interesting for furture play.

The token thing I new had to be bull *** but we didn't have the time to go scouring for the rule.

Brandon7220

Thank you for the clarification.

I must admit I thought the intangible move was a legal play he did but it makes sense if the defending model had line of sight on the model in first place.

I didn't know about gaining extra melee skill dice after you knock a model below 0.  Makes things interesting for furture play.

The token thing I new had to be bull *** but we didn't have the time to go scouring for the rule.