Demo Scenario

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture
Demo Scenario

Hi

Quick and easy to demo scenario probably best played with 20 - 25 Rice worth of models.

Demo Scenario 1

Ret-Ruro
Ret-Ruro's picture

Thanks Master-T I found these to be a great resource for doing demos. Will the demo faction profile sheets be reposted or should I just write down those 3 minis/faction as I saw them on these sheets?

I found only 1 problem with this Scenario and namely that the Yurei demo band can loose without any chance to do a thing because the Kairai won't reach into the Zone and your enemy can just run into it while also run to the Idol and Infulence it cheeky.

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Just differ scoring until turn 2, for Cult demos. I'll fix it on the sheet at the weekend

"To a real warrior, power perceived may be power achieved."

Atrus
Atrus's picture

Thanks! Very useful ^^

Bushido its not about Killing, its about Tactic.
Welcome to the Oriental-Fantasy-Fusion Game.
http://thetempleofbushido.wordpress.com

Joueur 1156
Joueur 1156's picture

I'm not sure to understand the scoring conditions: do you score at the end of the game, if you have had a friendly objective at each end phase, or do you score at each end phase if you have a friendly objective?
The first one seems dumb, but it's how I read it...

Snowblood1979

Hi, someone Ret-Ryu mentioned demo band sheets. Does anyone have a link to these.
I am going to be using this scenario tomorrow and was looking into the xompsitions of the warbands and wondered if there was an actual list of figures that are best used.

Rixus Mar
Rixus Mar's picture

Just by reading it i'd say there's an area to  control  on one flank and an idol/objective to interact with on the other flank - you can occupy one and/or manipulate the other, it seems to  me.

Victory points to be calculated at each end phase, with the winner being first to 2 VP, thus a maximum of 3 rounds (unless no-one scores in the first round but that seems highly unlikely given the size of the board)

But i'm almost as new to the game  as you are so i'm more than likely wrong lol.

Saru mo ki kara ochiru

Snowblood1979
Ret-Ruro wrote:

Thanks Master-T I found these to be a great resource for doing demos. Will the demo faction profile sheets be reposted or should I just write down those 3 minis/faction as I saw them on these sheets?

I found only 1 problem with this Scenario and namely that the Yurei demo band can loose without any chance to do a thing because the Kairai won't reach into the Zone and your enemy can just run into it while also run to the Idol and Infulence it cheeky.

Thankyou Rixus-mar, but I do understand the scenario, it was the comment within the 1st paragraph about the faction sheets, 3 minis etc that had me wondering if there was specific models to use that make this fairer and easier to run/understand.
As the mention of the Yurei demo band makes me believe it was written with certain models in mind.

Rixus Mar
Rixus Mar's picture

It was in reply to Joueur's comment before yours. My apologies, i should have been more specific (must've got the two mixed in my head when typing - hence the "being new" comment).

In reply to your query Snowblood, the only stipulations i've ever seen since coming here are 3 models at 25 rice. They may have cetain models in mind but i've never seen it written anywhere. This is the first i've heard about pre-written demo bands. There was a new guy starting the Ito Clan a few weeks ago and he was just told "3@25" i think - but as usual there's a good chance i'm wrong lol.

Though looking at the starter i'd say the only  way you can make a demo band fromt the starter (assuming no  outside models are used) would be:

Kato (10)
Ikiryo (11)
Kairai Militia/Farmer (4)

Hope this helps, but knowing me i've prob got the wrong end of the stick again lol. (",)

Saru mo ki kara ochiru

Ret-A_Palmer
Ret-A_Palmer's picture

There are a bunch of files for the retainers which list the 3 model demo warbands.  I'll list them here for you.

Cult: Kato, Armoured Kairai, Kairai Farmer
Ito: Itsunagi, Chiyo, Temple Bushi
Savage Wave: Zuba, Bakemono Archer, Bakemono Beater
Prefecture: Hiro, Jin, Ryu Yariman
Silvermoon: Harukichi, Senpu, Manu
Temple: Kenko, Yumi, Atsuko
Tengu: nothing yet.

It always goes to tiebreakers.

The Jumo Ring - a Bushido Blog

Snowblood1979

Thankyou.. much help. It is similar to what i was thinking.

Kevin Dowsett

I was thinking of changing the Ito options to:

Kenzo, Yuui and Saburo for a total of 24 points and all have a snake/reptile appearance.

Anyone know if this would cause an imbalance? - I'm looking to run this against STS Harukichi, Senpu, Manu

Cult of Yurei (36), Ito Clan (19) and Silvermoon Trade Syndicate (20) now painted up and on the table.

farseerixirvost

Realizing this is really for demo purposes...

And now realizing - thanks to Ret-Ruro - Yurei may have some issues...

Has anyone toyed with making this an 18" board so the demo can spend a little more time on moving models around before getting stuck-in a central scrum?  E.G. scenario elements along centerline of board with centerpoint of zone at 6" from side and idol 6" from other side (ergo CP of zone and Idol being 6" apart).

If I Live, I Will Kill You.
If I Die, You Are Forgiven.
Such Is The Rule Of Honor.

yenohoney