Introduce yourself

594 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rudders
Rudders's picture

Firestorm is my store of choice and the gaming group I belong goes there every Thursday. I get all my hobby goodness from there and Bushido has been doing well I think - just need to track down the others buying it!

osoi

Well thought I would introduce myself, I'm from Perth Australia and am just waiting on my Precfecture to arrive.

Apart from starting Bushido the other games I play are Malifaux and Bloodbowl (played heaps of others as well but skirmish sized games are where my interests truely lie). Looking forward to getting the models, painting them up and getting a heap of games in.

Nice to see a few familar names from the Wyrd forums around here as well...

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Welcome to Bushido Osoi,

feels quite strange to say this as we only launched in June but we actually have quite a few players in Perth!

You should pm our retainer RET-AdvanceOp he's based in Perth and recently ran a demo weekend at Feat of Arms.

Ret-AdvanceOp
Ret-AdvanceOp's picture

Oh this Retainers on the ball... I got Osoi on board at Feat of Arms smiley

My shinobi are everywhere

Cheers
AdvanceOp

SirAngry
SirAngry's picture

Hiya,

I started writing a blog a few months back covering none GW games mainly. I first bumped into Bushido at the Birmingham Games Expo 201, when two of my friends had an intro and then proceeding to whinged afterwards about getting some lunch so I never actually got to play it. One of them might have been diabetic and 'might' have fainted but it was still scurilous behaviour!!!

Any way a load of my readers have asked me to review the game and let them know what I think of it, so I've scrimpt and saved my pennies up and have brought two starter sets, the Cult of Yurei and the Prefecture of Ryu. Also picked up Matsu Takashi and Araka, the slave of Yurei. Any hints or tips or even shared experiences of the game would be helpful.

Cheers

Frontline Gamer

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Hey Sir Angry,

Welcome to Bushido, my thoughts will just be biased, but I hope you enjoy it.

There was a thread about people's favourite Bushido moments somewhere on the forums.

Personally I love the way lots of my games are still hanging in the balance, victory crashing to defeat or vice versa, going into the last turn

SirAngry
SirAngry's picture

Thanks GCT xoddsx, I'm guessing bu your name and the potential bias you mention that you work for GCT, if so could I ask you a favour? I'm currently writing some articles on new games that interest me, and obviously Bushido is one of them. However I can't find any image files for the Bushido Logo to head up my article. Obviously the write up isn't going to be too bad as I've actually purchased two starter sets already!!! Another question about the rules, are they at the Beta stage still? And will the rules remain free to download / will you eventually do a printed book? Thanks.

paweldaruk
paweldaruk's picture

Hiya,

My name's Pawel, nice to meet ya'll. I'm based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Don't really have much experience with tabletop minis wargames (apart from Battletech, when I was a kid), but I always wanted to give it a try. My wife and I mostly do standard non-computerized RPG, however, having now bought the Prefecture and the Wave starter packs and some blisters, I look forward to some exciting battles.

Enjoy the day, folks!

Cheers,

Pawel

Judas83
Judas83's picture

Hi there,

I'm new in Bushido and have already gotten my Cult of Yurei miniatures for Christmas. About me...I'm from Barcelona (Spain) and I'm 28. I'm used to minis wargames as I usually play GW games. So, I'll learn quickly about Bushido...or at least I hope so!

I bumped into this awesome miniatures' game thanks to my local shop. We are a group of people that have just started with this game but we haven't played any game yet. We are looking forward to start playing! By the way I read the rules and sound good for me :)

Keep in touch!

Ret-Deathjester
Ret-Deathjester's picture

Hi Judas and welcome to Bushido.  The miniatures are stunning and the hope you enjoy the game as you get to play it.

Dont hesitate to ask any questions on rules etc...

I was fantastic! And it was a bloody good laugh!
Cult 1 - Savage Wave 0

http://www.hittingonadouble1.blogspot.co.uk/

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hi judas, welcome aboard. he free to ask questions. we have a new spanish forum if you like. Which shop in Barcelona do you play at?

"To a real warrior, power perceived may be power achieved."

Greeny
Greeny's picture

Hey, I'm Mik from South Wales and Just got both the Cult and Savage wave starter sets for christmas (which worked out well as I bought my mates the Prefecture and temple) only played one game so far (against another friends SW in November), we stumbled with a couple of rules but it still hooked me.

I've been a Painter/Gamer for decades, starting with rogue trader and working through loads of systems, but I've always loved skirmish games the most, and when I saw the Bushido stuff in Firestorm I loved it! am prone to sculpting and painting very elaborate armies so small warbands appeal to me (putting 50 turbans on Gnoblars- not fun) and I'm looking forward to having a play, especially seeing some of the ridiculously high standard of stuff on here already:)

I found I needed extra Kairai for the game (amusing argument of 'I raise that bakemono as Kairai' 'you can't I need that model to summon him next turn!' 'I saw him first!' 'Its my Goblin!') and couldnt wait for the starters so sculpted some very half-assed Kairai that I'll be adding to my cult as soon as I can.

Rudders- I am infrequently in Firestorm, and would love someone new to play against, guessing your a Taff boy as you go doen on thursdays, wnat to try and attempt a game at some point?

and I've written an essay....:P

Ret-Deathjester
Ret-Deathjester's picture

Greeny, welcome and yes I think we would all like GCT to do a blister of Kirai ;-) If you are interested Iam holding a tournament in Feb 2012 - details on the forums and main page (rudders is attending)

I was fantastic! And it was a bloody good laugh!
Cult 1 - Savage Wave 0

http://www.hittingonadouble1.blogspot.co.uk/

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Welcome Greeny. Your friend shouldnt have problems not having models for summoned Bakemono now as the Bakemono additional blister was released and available from december. As for the cult players are they much requested Kairai i would guess you see something in 2012 (along with much much much cooler stuff).

Feel free to ask any questions. Sure people would love to see a project of yours. 

Rudders
Rudders's picture

Greeny wrote:

Rudders- I am infrequently in Firestorm, and would love someone new to play against, guessing your a Taff boy as you go doen on thursdays, wnat to try and attempt a game at some point?

Yeah I'm Taff - I try to get down on Tuesdays and Thursdays - this week and last was a write off but hopefully back to normal next week. I get there about 19:00 usually - is that any good for you?

Also as mentioned I am going to the tournament in Feb and have 3 car spaces if you wanted to go?

Cheers,

Sam

Judas83
Judas83's picture

Thanks for the welcome people! and welcome to Greeny :)

Replying your question GCT, I usually play at "Plan B Miniaturas" shop in Barcelona. We are planning to do some demo games in February when we have our minis painted and also a Bushido's league during 2012. I think it would encourage people to play Bushido because here in Spain not everybody understand English. Due to that, many people refuse to play games with rules just in English. It's a shame because the game is so good. So, we'll try to help people with the game rules in order to solve this "problem". I'll post about our progress in the Spanish forum as soon as I arrange everything with the owner of the shop.

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

@Judas; the rules are in the process of being translated at the moment.

Bushido league sounds interesting

Judas83
Judas83's picture

Great about the translation! If you need any help with it don't hesitate to ask me ^_^

Greeny
Greeny's picture

Fantastic, this week l'm busy, but how does 35 rice next thursday sound? Can't make the tournament as i'm working that weekend, but would love to get involved on a more auspicious date:)

Rudders
Rudders's picture

Greeny wrote:

Fantastic, this week l'm busy, but how does 35 rice next thursday sound? Can't make the tournament as i'm working that weekend, but would love to get involved on a more auspicious date:)

Sure - so the 5th? I should be there about half seven if thats ok? Rollin heavy with the Temple!

Greeny
Greeny's picture

doh, shouldbe more specific, I meant the 12th if thats still ok? 7.30 sounds grand. i'm going to have to go with the models that sold the game to me so zombie puppet death cult it is:)

Rudders
Rudders's picture

12th is great - I've only played the Wave so far (and lost) so a new cult will be good!

Growler
Growler's picture

Hi Folks,

My names Ed and I live in Reading, Berkshire. Picked up the Prefecture of Ryu starter set whilst up in Edinburgh over Christmas. Currently have 3 models painted and hope to get the rest finished this weekend. The plan is to try to introduce Bushido to my local games club.

Which begs the question what second faction should I get to runs some demos with?

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hi ed,

Welcome aboard, I'd have to say cult fir the second faction everyone loves zombies.

Rudders
Rudders's picture

GCT Master T wrote:

Hi ed, Welcome aboard, I'd have to say cult fir the second faction everyone loves zombies.

Was true for me! I went Temple for the Gorilla model but Cult have got some serious cool going on and Orphan/Wrath are two of my favourite models

Robbie

Hi All

My name is Robbie

I haven't yet played Bushido but it looks awesome. I help run Dice and Decks Gaming Club in Ross-on-Wye and we're lucky enough to have the guys from Square Orange Games coming over to run demos for us on 9th March. I'll be buying my first faction box that night, I'm leaning towards Prefecture at the moment but I have some butterfly-esque tendancies so may well change my mind several times beforfe then.

Looking forward to playing the game

Before the invention of the internet, the idiot stayed in his own village

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Welcome Robbie

Enjoy your stay. Maybe have a look in the faction specific sections or check out the profile cards under "Factions" tab to get an idea of how the different factions play/feel? Feel free to ask any questions and add yourself to the player map to find other players in your area.

Cheers

raggedyman
raggedyman's picture

Hi all,

My name is James and I'm an American currently living in Brisbane, Australia. I've been playing tabletop games since the late 80's and I just recently purchased the Prefecture of Ryu and the Cult of Yurei starters (in the hopes of getting my wife to play with me)

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Hey James,

Welcome to Bushido, let us know how you get on. Feel free to ask any questions in the forum.

Katana
Katana's picture

Just introducing myself quickly - I've been toying with the idea of getting into Bushido ever since I first came across the game and have just come back from a couple of weeks in Japan which have tipped the scales in favour of picking up some starter sets. I've talked my usual gaming buddy into coming in on an order with me - he's going Ro-Kan and I'm leaning towards Cult - and I'm working on a couple of other potential players as well.

Based in London and looking forward to getting playing!

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Hey Katana, welcome to Bushido, lets get everyone trips to Japan! Register on the player locator as well, lets start populating London :)

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hey Katana, welcome to the boards. Where in London are you? 

Katana
Katana's picture

Based in Balham, do most of my playing in my kitchen!

Packingwood

hi all

i am john wood, i am a long time wargamer and i play the CCT Legend of the 5 rings. bushido is the best of both worlds. just started and tring to get my head around the rules.

i live in Barry, south wales and in firestorm most tuesdays and thursdays playing L5R ,looks like it will be playing Bushido as well now.

DEATH WILL BRING YOU PEACE !!!!

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hi John 

Welcome abroad, good group of players down there and hopefully see you at the Tournament in May.

Packingwood

i will be there even booked the day off work for it, just need to paint the troops now

DEATH WILL BRING YOU PEACE !!!!

bazuka
bazuka's picture

Hi All

My name is Paul Baker a long time lurker of this site. I have played a few games when the guys have been at shows.

I have just finished painting the starter set for the Savage Wave and Bobata.  

Based in South East London / Eltham

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hi Paul 

Welcome aboard, i think there is another guy/group who's just started playing in Balham. 

moosh
moosh's picture

I'm Andy, I live in sheffield, uk and been gaming since I was 13, with a 5 year gap for uni, now 34, making a good break from the day job of running Moogaloo, a web design company.
I've played confrontation, infinity and mostly hordes / Warmachine for the past 5 years or so.
Always on the look out for fun new games to play and found out about bushido thru the UKCORD forums and Tobyn/ GCT Master T.
Always been more of a painter (won a competition for this mini - http://artificer.posterous.com/cutters-varuna-naval-chasseurs ), but do enjoy a good game each week too down at Patriot games, sheffiled.

Just ordered some temple of RoKan minis - looking fwd to getting em painted up... Just need to find some local people up for playing too!

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Hi Andy/Moosh,

Welcome to Bushido, might be worth getting yourself on the player locator, you may be Sheffield's first on there.

That's a gorgeous paint job, I look forward to seeing your Bushido Models. On that note how quickly do you paint? We are accepting entries to our competition until the 14th see here.

moosh
moosh's picture

Thanks! The cutter took a little over a month cause of all the TO camo panels, so not that quick!
I have ordered the Ro Kan starter and Matsu, so will give it a go, but also got a fair bit of web design work on too...
Will def try tho - the vouchers would certainly allow me to get another starter set to do some demoing with as it would appear i am currently the only player in Sheffield so far!

On a vaguely related note, if you do ever come to give your website an overhaul, look us up ;)

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hi Andy, 

Good to see you over here. Just need to get Kenton playing to have an opponent although with those painting skills id wager you'll get some players once you've painted yours up. Nothing like pretty models to coax players into a new game. 

moosh
moosh's picture

Just showed the minis and rules to 3 other folks here tonight and everyone's pretty interested, and all in diff factions which is a bonus... Do you stock to bricks and mortar stores or just from your online store?

jswiers

@moosh:

They stock to brick n mortar via wayland. Give their sales team an email.

fancyzergling

Hola! 

My name is Tyler! I figured I'd stop lurking and actualy post now that I have two of the four boxes haha! I am a gamer in Phoenix, Arizona and play and Imperial Outpost! I stumbled upon Bushido at Vaul Con about a month ago where the guys from New Mexico where awesome enough to demo me in! I was even lucky enough to win my first box (Savage Wave) there! Now that I picked up my Prefect and will have my Temple next week I already have plans of showing two of my friends how to play and hopefully I can get a few more into it!

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hi Tyler

Welcome, glad you enjoyed the demos and the game. 

Studio
Studio's picture

Hi Tyler,

Welcome to the forums. We will have to try and forge a little Bushido outpost at Imperial!

fancyzergling

Oh don't worry about that! I just showed my cousin how to play today! I'll definitely fight with honor to get a foothold for this game at my store! It's too much fun to not work for.

Polar_Bear
Polar_Bear's picture

Hey everyone,

While it says I'm "Jason Koepp" the vast majority of people know me as Polar_Bear. Up until recently I'd been doing Privateer Press stuff basically exclusively. But with a recent change-of-occupation, I couldn't really do much stuff with them anymore. Anyway, I'm working on starting a group here in St. Louis. Several people interested, so hopefully that'll pan out.

So yeah... doing Prefecture and some Temple for the most part. Eventually might move out to the other two, but we'll see. It's nice to be able to get a whole faction right at the start so you don't have to worry about "catching up" if you want a whole bunch of different models.

PB

There are some people that call me... Polar_Bear
In fact, most do.
Come see me over at http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/.

Henrix
Henrix's picture

Hej!

Yet another new bushi here, this time from Sweden. I'm anxiously awaiting my first minis to arrive. It was a difficult choice, but I went with Ro-Kan.

I noticed Bushido about the time it was released, but didn't really delve into it at first, waiting to see if it seemed to be going anywhere. 

I've so far only played with proxies, and gotten som others interested as well. I hope we'll soon have a small scene going. There were quite a few Confrontation gamers around here, in Gothenburg, Sweden, and they seem very amenable.

I'm an old gamer, and have played a wide variety of miniature and roleplaying games for an awful long time. Confrontation (pre-plastic) was a particular favourite of mine.

I follow the rules of bushido. I am a bushi.

Swedish players, rally to Hokuō Bushido!

Pages

yenohoney