Can flying models land on impassable terrain

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
gdelo538
Can flying models land on impassable terrain

I'm planning on making tengu my main faction, so this will be pretty important. If there is a building we consider impassable, but my model can fly, can he land on top?

My thought is that once he ends his movement, he no longer ignores terrain, so, he can't land there. However, I want to see what the community thinks.

Ret-Fleafa
Ret-Fleafa's picture

I would probably rule no, as it could render a ranged model invulnerable, which is somewhat against the design of the game. RAW, there's an argument either way, I guess.

Meavar
Meavar's picture

It depends on how you classify your terrain.

Is it impossible then no he cannot end his move there. Of course you do not have to make the whole thing impassible. You can just as well make the walls/tiled roof impassible but say the flat balkony is normal terrain.

As mentioned it makes ranged weapons and fly a lot better so I would advise against making a more such terrain pieces (maybe 1 or 2 on a board and not in such a place that from it you can shoot most of the board and most of the time none of them), keep them low enough that people who summon or leap can also acces them and I think it will not to big an issue. If someone build a warband around it then it becomes insane though.

Meavar

gdelo538

Thanks