Assembling models

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
gdelo538
Assembling models

I'm pretty brand new to miniature painting, and I've only painted one piece models before.

From my YouTube viewing, I've seen a lot of people saying you need to pin metal models. The bushido models seem to have excellent mating surfaces as well as nubs cast into them that would seem to accomplish the same thing.

So my question is will these models hold together well with just superglue, or do I need to pin them?

Axiam
Axiam's picture

They mostly hold together well. I've only pinned those with small connection surfaces where I've positioned the glued piece outside of the expected pose and filled with green stuff putty. If you allow a little glue to dry on each surface the surfaces bond together very well.

Pinning them just gives you the added extra safety when transporting that you won't turn up to play and have to glue a part again and reduces the chance of a piece vbecoming lost.

Axiam

gdelo538

Thanks, since I'll be traveling with my models, and I'm playing tengu, I guess I should go with pinning. The wings would probably be prone to breaking off.