Some random statistics

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greeny's picture
Greeny
Some random statistics

After the revelation on the prefecture thread that they had more 2Ki models than the temple, I did some playing around on my lunch break, this is only the cards I have, but here is a (rough) breakdown of the how many models in each faction have each stat- as you can see, the prefecture does indeed have the most 2Ki models, as well as the most MS3 models, but looking at it you see that they don't have much of a spread of models, I think they look overpowered because they have so few underpowered models compared to other warbands, between monkeys, peasants and children of course the temple is going to have more low wound, low ki characters, but the cost will be lower so it works out. this was just for a bit of fun, but I thought I'd share it with you as some things are quite surprising

(like the fact the cult can field 9 MS3 models, I have to shut up whining about how bad they are now!)

(and the fact the Prefecture have 10 Brave models! they have to stop whining about fear too!)

it could also help newish players with a faction choice without giving the game away too much:) 

(yes I cherry picked traits based on what I find effective, and this doesnt go into synergy, or boosting stats or any other nonsense like that so it isnt a 'this faction is better than everyone!' table. for info purposes- kitsune and nezumi are both on thier normal profile, anumal Ki stats all count as 0, and wave (k/u) indicates wether Kemono or Ushi is playing today)

Faction Ryu Temple Cult Wave(k/u) Ito
Ki          
0   8 16 1  
1 6 4 2 16/15 4
2 10 7 4 4 7
3 1 2 2 0/1  
MS          
0   3      
1   3 5 4  
2 3 6 10 12/13 3
3 10 7 9 5 6
4 4 4     2
Feats          
0   5 5 1  
1 10 7 12 5 4
2 6 4 5 5 5
3 plus 1 2 2 3 2
Wounds          
1     3    
2   7      
3   1 2    
4   1 2 10  
5 3 7 9 4 2
6 11 4 3   7
7 2 1 1   1
8 1 1   3 1
9     1    
10 plus     2 4  
tactical traits          
tactics 1     1/2  
Command 1        
Bravery 10 7   4 6
Leadership 1     1  
Fearless   2   1/0 1
Order 1       1
Channel 1 1     3
Fear  1   16 7 2
Leech 1 2 9    
Survival          
Tough 1 1 9 6 1
Armour 11 1 4 1 6
Durable   3 2    
Heal 1 5 2    
Dodge 2 8 6 1  
Camo 1     10  
sidestep 2 9 2 2 4
Aggression          
Poison     1 1 9
Fire   3      
First Strike 7   2 4 6
Combo 1 7 8 3/2 2
Critical 2     1  
Martial 3       3
Piercing 2   5 2/1 1
assassin 1   1    
Ranged attacks 4   4 5  
Counter attack 2 2     1
sharp 1 1 2 1  
Strong     3 4/3  
Negative traits          
Slow   2 9    
Cowardly 1 4   10  
Cumbersome 1        
Impetuous       1 2
soulless   5 12    
weak   1      
insignificant   7 6    
aggressive   1   3  
defensive   4      
stupid     1    

enjoy (joueur I know you will...)

Malhorme's picture
Malhorme

Nice job.

Hagane has fearless as charge bonus. It is a mistake, as no Ryu have fearless in your chart?

Malhorme's picture
Malhorme

Nice job.

Hagane has fearless as charge bonus. It is a mistake, as no Ryu have fearless in your chart?
koji has order

Why do you count souless as negativ trait ? It also protects you from fear, COe or blasting laser eye geishas

Ret-MattT's picture
Ret-MattT

Very interesting. I feel my Ito are very versatile with a fiercer bite than their Dragon (or might I say after reading the book: usurper!) twins and these data support that. Good job!

The Eagle shares the nest. The Dragon burns it. Join the Black Eagle and crush the usurpers!
Greeny's picture
Greeny

@malhorme- I didnt put purley situational thngs like charge bonuses (or the Ryu Monk who is fearless but only against soulless) in there as it would complicate things, I made a few exceptions (I classed Ikiryo's gaze as a ranged attack for instance) and I totally missed Koji's order feat:) like I said, it;s rough but I hope its helpful:)

Soulless... I have no idea where to put it, yes you are immune to fear and opposed Ki tests, but generating no ki at all? thats a massive downer in my opininion (just look at the culys Ki chart!) so I guess it's 50/50 but it didnt fit anywhere else, so I stuck it on the end:)

Orochi's picture
Orochi

Pretty interesting stats there, although I don't think prefecture have more than the 1 order from Junichi.  Pretty clear that Prefecture have quite the majority of 2 ki models but I wouldn't say thats a good or bad thing, they are not as economical with Ki as other factions can be, a lot of their abilities need 3 Ki to work (all the ashigaru and every model needs 3 ki to boost (with the exception of Hagane but she has the downside of no +1 Str like every other katana weilding samurai) - Fujitaka is what gets around this issue that makes them dangerous.

Miniature Gallery - http://reallybigfish.deviantart.com/gallery/

undead_ichi's picture
undead_ichi

that is very interesting greeny cheers for that, i didn't realise the temple had so many combo attacks, and why does noone have 9 wounds i don't like that line (i know its correct i just don't like it lol)

Atrus's picture
Atrus

Gok has 9 wounds.

Bushido its not about Killing, its about Tactic.
Welcome to the Oriental-Fantasy-Fusion Game.
http://thetempleofbushido.wordpress.com

Greeny's picture
Greeny

oops, Whilst I created these in my dinner break I inputted them last night, and I have a very crappy mind at the moment (stupid chicken pox relapse) and in my original the prefecture had order 1 and leech 1, somehow I must have combined them.... as for Gok- I just missed it! corrections always welcome, i'll keep updating it:) (I had to redo the pref as I accidently added in a playtest card by accident..)

Orochi, yep the cost of feats does make a difference, I thought about putting Ki Feat cost in there as a stat but it looked odd (the wave look very effeicient for example) but without what they are it struggles for context, I may still add it at a later stage:)

Henrix's picture
Henrix

This is interesting, although a little hard to interpret.

I think average cost of Ki boosts might be an interesting thing to look at.

I follow the rules of bushido. I am a bushi.

Swedish players, rally to Hokuō Bushido!

Greeny's picture
Greeny

Hey, I just throw it out there, interpret it as you like:) I just think we all have those 'everyones faction is better than mine' moments, and this shoes everyone something cool about their boys and girls:) , when I get time I'll add kit feat cost and ms boost cost then?

Joueur 1156's picture
Joueur 1156

Greeny wrote:

enjoy (joueur I know you will...)

Thanks!

It's very interresting. You must know each faction well, to understand that savage wave does not sucks: it has less MS, less KI etc... But the 4 model with 3 MS are the same that have 5 mouvement & 10+ wounds :)

Maybe not for the beginner, but to see what are the force of each one, it's nice!

Greeny's picture
Greeny

I agree, its like looking at the prefecture traits and thinking 'these guys have everything/ when most of then are just mizuchi and bikou!

Henrix's picture
Henrix

Don't get me wrong - hard to interpret doesn't mean uninteresting. (The opposite, actually.)

And there are so many variables! Look at the Wraith: No Ki, 10 Wounds, and boosts MS with 1 Ki - but he's a Kami, so Ki = Wounds. 

I see Eiji and Genji aren't included (or Prefecture would have 5 models with Martial* Prowess).

Any others that are not there?  
Are any Wave 12 models included?

* I almost wrote Marital Prowess. That'd be something entirely different.

undead_ichi's picture
undead_ichi

marital prowess is far more useful lol

Henrix's picture
Henrix

Greeny wrote:

Soulless... I have no idea where to put it, yes you are immune to fear and opposed Ki tests, but generating no ki at all?

There are Soulless models that generate Ki cheeky

Greeny's picture
Greeny

? which ones? the only ones I can think of are possibly the earth/air kami but I dont have that card on me, certainly nothing in the cult does (wrath can steal ki but doesn't generate it) every soulless card I have has a Ki stat of 0.

Henrix's picture
Henrix

Just the Earth Kami. wink

It has Ki 1/2, and effectively regenerates.

Greeny's picture
Greeny

not got that card, and thats a special case:)

Malhorme's picture
Malhorme

Yeah and he .... Rocks!
Sorry, i had to make this stupid joke

Ret-orko's picture
Ret-orko

Very interesting!
Ryu should have 3 CS though, Hiro and Genji for free and  Ryoko-Sha for one.
Would love to see stats for boosts to MS, RAS and move as well. :D

Ito-player
STS-player
Team Tetsubo
Uppsala, Sweden.

announcement
yenohoney