More Ruling questions

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hakkor
Hakkor's picture
More Ruling questions

There are a few doubts I'd like to have them asked.

A) Most of the timing are already covered in the rules, usually ending the tie breakers with the player who has initiative. But, what happens when more than one effect (Ki feat, trait or unique effect) are triggered at the same time?

Exmples: - Disguise + fear. Both must be checked as soon as the action is declared. Which goes first?

- Fear with bodyguard/mirage: fear test must be checked when getting into Btb, as well as bodyguard effects. Which model should be cheking fear? the first one, the bodyguard or both? Same applies to mirage, does it work before or after the fear test? Effects like cloud of flies would also be eligible for this example: a kusatta melees a model of your, and you bodyguard it. What model/s get a stunned marker?

B) In the next errata, will the model stated be sorted into what is considered a state and what is not? According to the rules, the new Shishai would be inmune to prone and surprised, among others. I understand i was not intended like that, so a chart defining it further would be apreciated.

C) The rules say a dice cannot be rerolled by the same effect more than once. So there is no restriction to the number of times a dice can be rerolled while being affected by different effects, righ?

D) As the rules say, Temo could shoot a Fearless model and make him Frightened for that turn, as there is no fear check involved, righ?

I think that's more than enough for now :)

Ret-A_Palmer
Ret-A_Palmer's picture

a) controlling player chooses.

Fear needs to be checked at action declaration, not when bases actually touch.

The bodyguard would get the stun.

b) he is not immune to states, you just can't negatively modify his melee skill using them.  Stunned literally does nothing to Kyou.  States are quite clearly called "states" in the rulebook.  States are noted on miniatures with "markers", not tokens.

c) in theory.

d) Yes.  The Frightened only lasts until the End Phase anyway.  It's an effect of the weird toxins he uses on the blow pipe darts, not actually being scary.

It always goes to tiebreakers.

The Jumo Ring - a Bushido Blog

Hakkor
Hakkor's picture

Thanks!

I'm curious, though (my evil instinct). If a model is about to be meleed by an enemy that has the fear trait, rules say my model has to check fear and once they made Btb contact, then I can bodyguard it. But, since the bodyguarding model did not declare an action that brings it to the enemy that has fear, he should not make a fear test.

Then (evil grin), what would be the use of gaining fearless when bodyguarding? Jade mamba, i'm looking to you.

Point E) Raijin's Rage:

e.1: It's supposed to be two sepparate attacks, so the new ranged attack penalty should be applied, righ? But, is it supposed to be penalized, or similar to the (incoming) circular strike exception, all attacks are made at the same time?

e.2: When you make the second ranged attack, even not needing line of sight, a model that was benefiting from camouflage when the activation started can be targeted?

Wogshrog

I'm really curious about your E.

We've been playing with circular strike, raijin's rage beeing the same as all the ranged attack, so each one gets +1 dif . It'is a nice buff for circular strike because you end up doing your team last and you should miss.

Ret-A_Palmer
Ret-A_Palmer's picture

Bodyguard bypasses Fear, it's a known issue.  Yes, we know the unique effect text of the Jade Mamba and Takashi Retainers does nothing.

e) yes, they are additional ranged attacks.  Circular Strike is getting an errata to be the same Ranged Attack and not stack up the penalty.

second attack of Raijin's Rage still requires targeting (as all Ranged Attacks do), so the target will benefit from relevant traits.

It always goes to tiebreakers.

The Jumo Ring - a Bushido Blog