Soulless and disguise

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Meavar
Meavar's picture
Soulless and disguise

Strange question maybe.
I was looking at the rules for disguise. And when looking at the forum for errata it seems that soulless enemies automatically breaks disguise. Most soulless models (kami and kirai) can't though because they have a ki of 0 or 1so cannot even try the opposed check right?

Axiam
Axiam's picture

Since the errata the enemy soulless and 2 ki generating model would also have to be in range of what it is attempting to auto break the disguise with (melee or ranged attack) otherwise it doesn't work.
But yes the active soulless model wins.

Axiam

Ret-Fleafa
Ret-Fleafa's picture

Ghost doesn't take any shit from Roses :P

Meavar
Meavar's picture

Sorry, I think my question was unclear (english is not my main language).

The way I see it an Kairai militia cannot attack a disguised Hanami.

The first sentence of the Disguised state: 

"Whilst this model is Disguised Enemy models with a Ki Statistic of 1 or less cannot Target or voluntarily move into BtB with this model."

So no opposed test is started.

In the case of Ghost (who has 2 ki stat and soulless) I understand you automatically break stealth if you can target and reach her. I just never played against any soulles 2 ki model.

Meavar

Ret-darkframboisier
Ret-darkframboisier's picture

You got it right, kairai can't "undisguide" with their 0 ki, the same would apply to kamis, as most of them only have 0ki, sometimes 1.

But yeah ghost can automatically undisguise if he's in range ^^

Axiam
Axiam's picture

The grey pilgrim also takes no fancy pants nonsense from Roses

Axiam

Meavar
Meavar's picture

Another VIM question.

How does it work with a hidden VIM losing disguised?

More specifically I nominated my Rose as VIM and she loses disguise, but I do not tell my opponent that, does that mean in VIM scenario's he can target the disguised people with 0 and 1 Ki and I have to tell him at that moment if the roses are still disguised? And if it was not the VIM does he then lose his action, or can he target a different model with the same action or can he choose a completely different action?

Hidden: Each player secretly nominates one of their Faction’s non-insignificant, Non-animal models as the VIM. That Model loses the Flank trait and Disguised state and cannot gain them. This is not revealed to your Opponent until the End Phase of the last Turn of the game. Players don’t declare when the VIM is killed but note in which Turn each of their models were killed.

Meavar

Wogshrog

There is no Hidden information in Bushido except for VIM when the scenario says so. You have to tel your opponent that your model is no longer Disguised, besides it's a model state and it should be represented on the model.

With that said I do agree that it's weird because you can't know if the point for moving a model into the opponent zone can still be scored or not.

Meavar
Meavar's picture

But in the errata is specifically mentions you lose the disguised state of the hidden VIM but you do not tell your opponent?

Meavar

Wogshrog

You do tell your opponent, it's a bad idea to choose a disguised model as Hidden VIM.

Axiam
Axiam's picture

If your oponent thinks they are still disguised then they won't attempt to engage them with their 0 or 1 ki models giving you an unfair advantage. Therefore, you should indicate with a token or costume whether the model is disguised or not, even though this will tip off the opponent giving them an advantage.

Usually it is best not to select a disguised model for hidden Vim, unless you are confident you can protect them anyway.

Axiam

yenohoney