Themes and changing cards

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Meavar's picture
Meavar
Themes and changing cards

A) What happens with theme restrictions that might change during gameplay:
The theme "nigthmares of jigoku" you cannot have swarms, but you can have a yokai ("nezumi") which can summon swarms ("small rat swarms") what happens if you summon them.

1) do you lose the "nightmares of jigoku"

2) you keep the theme

3) you cannot summon the swarms when you have the theme

B) In a similar kind of question what if you lose mandatory cards during a game, for instance you give "hotai's coin" to "orphan". Once you reroll a one into a one you lose the enhancement card, this makes it illegal to have another enhancement card on a different model (you cannot have fewer enhancement cards attached to orphan than to any other model in the warband).

C) What about cards that give you something mandatory. Could you for instance get someone like "jade mamba guard" with the "orochi familiar" in "the blessed" theme

D) If you have cards with a restriction and you lose the model can you still use the card. For instance "nightblood mushrooms"an event that can only be recruited if the player has a bakemono shugenja..

skydancer

I would say the limit are just for warband composition otherwise when u control a miniature as it switch warband you will lose the theme and this is a non sence to my common sence.

Ret-Fleafa's picture
Ret-Fleafa

All Restrictions and Exclusions apply to warband creation only.

Sgnappa

So...

C) What about cards that give you something mandatory. Could you for instance get someone like "jade mamba guard" with the "orochi familiar" in "the blessed" theme

Is it really possibile to do this?

Since restriction applied in the creation, I can give Oorochi Familiar to Itsunagi and recruit him in a "Blessed" warband after that?

Ret-Fleafa's picture
Ret-Fleafa

I don't have that card here, so can't check the wording. I'd assume the intent is no.

GCT Master Enos's picture
GCT Master Enos

A:  Any model in a theme that can summon models can summon those models during the game.  You cannot "Lose a theme".

B:  This only applies to recruitment.

C:  No.  If you can't recruit a card into a warband, you can't recruit an enhancement for it to make it legal.

D:  Yes, the requirement is only to recruit the card.

Grand Master of Bushido (Smog Con '14)

announcement