My current 55 rice list

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
minoa
My current 55 rice list

Hello again community. I'm back with another Iron Fist Gumi list.

Oda

Malosi + Maneki-Neko

Manu

Tautolu + Ink of the Great West Wind

Pit dogs x2

Sukuratchi

Wakasu Gorilla + Hotai's Coin + Jurojin's Ring

55 rice total.

I'm not gonna comment on all the models. I will say I love the Iron Fist Gumi theme but it's getting kinda stale for me just taking fighters. So I've started playing around with giving oddball cards to different models to see if I can squeeze a little more utility from them.

First off is Tautolu. I never spend his ki on anything but ki boosts. Ink of the Great West Wind is no big secret as that is who the card is made for but it at least gives him options. 3 butos with proning special attacks supplied with 2 jumo tokens a turn is tough. Each buto could prone 2 models an activation, 4 per turn, 12 between the 3 of them! Look out Jwar Isles! I'm coming to throw your asses on the ground! Hahaha Of course that will never happen but proning 2 or 3 models a turn is easily done.

I'm trying to get Wakasu Gorilla to work on the battlefield, he's just too cool not to use, but he always dies. I don't think he's ever survived through a game. Aggressive gets him in trouble every time. So ive been trying to find ways to at least make him hit harder since he has to swing anyway. First, he always gets a jumo token from the theme card first turn. Free combo attack is a good start. Not having any ki to boost or many rerolls in this list at all I chose to give him Hotai's Coin. Under appreciated card IMO. Obviously rerolling 1s is always useful. And lastly, Jurojin's Ring. When Sukuratchi isn't around or needs to use his ki to save his own bacon, this card will let him attack with no regards to defense. Great for when he's gotta go all out attack to kill or when he's on his last leg due to prolonged combats and you need him to stay on the field as long as you can. Both special cards have been in use the last 4 games. Used Hotai's Coin in all 4 games (and went away in 1 game) and used Jurojin's Ring in 3. This combo shows promise and I intend to use it some more.

So there it is. Comments, questions?

Ret-MattT's picture
Ret-MattT

Good stuff minoa laugh I´ve never played 55, but I notice you get to squak in quite some useful things. In short I like it. Buto´s go from mediocre to good in the theme. That said I´m missing Coin Strings on Oda  for that extra 3 Jumo tokens over a game. It´s the free placement effects that does it, just as you say!

The Gorilla is tricksy in so far that it looks like a front line fighter, but is a flanking piece. I like it alot more when it joins in and gangs up to finish a fight prematurely. Then free MS3 Combo Attack really shines.

Another idea to spicen up what the list does is Daikotuten´s Coin on Oda (alongside Strings). Suddenly you have a Jinx aura on the critical turn 2 with the possibility to extend it following turns if the dice gods smile at you.

[i]The Eagle shares the nest. The Dragon burns it. Join the Black Eagle and crush the usurpers![/i]
minoa

I've thought about trying Daikokuten's Coin on Oda. I always come back to thinking the jumo token is more useful and just figure Oda's ki should be used as such.

Ret-MattT's picture
Ret-MattT

Yes, it´s a balance between offense and defense really. I like passive stuff that doesn´t take much planning from myself. If it´s cheap and worthwhile enough!

[i]The Eagle shares the nest. The Dragon burns it. Join the Black Eagle and crush the usurpers![/i]
minoa

Speaking of passive effects, I know Genzai can't be used in an Iron Fist list but since I've been playing/brainstorming with unused special cards, I'm wanting to try Healing Balm on him. That would be 3 buffs a turn for any model(s) in BTB for 5 rice. I would think healing(2) for 1 rice is worth it a long as you can reliably deliver it. He has to be in BTB to deliver his 2 buffs that he normally has anyway, why not sweeten the deal and add healing(2)? 2 prime targets for support would be any front line fighter and Wakasu Gorilla. Cheaper feats, a luck token, and healing(2) would be great in any fight though the believer trait would be wasted on Wakasu Gorilla. Still, with Hotai's Coin and a luck token, he'd be the luckiest gorilla in all the Jwar Isles, a perfect fit in my STS!

Ret-MattT's picture
Ret-MattT

When thinking Genzai I always end up wanting to pair him with Yukio for that 1 Control token per turn. It´s just such a huge threat to lose your model mid turn. Thinking that whilst also trailing Manu who gets the Luck token and Parry for 1 Ki would be tasty. Sure, it turns into a sort of formation, but most often the game develops into small scrums anyway, so why not walk in with max buffs? wink

minoa

So I tried out Genzai with Healing Balm in a 55 rice Idol battle against Ito. I liked him before the Healing Balm but with it, he becomes a valuable support in a fighty list, which is what STS does best. He healed Tsubaki and Malosi in 1 turn, it was great!

Check this out. Dafukaia with 1 ki boost? Hell yeah. 2 ki feats a turn? Hell yeah. Healing (2) plus a luck token, with that kind of support, I'd put him against any elite fighter in the game. If Oda was around with a jumo token, he be impossible to deal with. I think this combo is better than Dafukaia and his kami. I like his kami but getting the aggressive trait is obviously, a hindrance.

Genzai with Healing Balm backing up a buto hoard would be choice too. Let's them be a little more aggressive, without actually getting the agressive trait, knowing they could get 2 or 4 wounds back a turn.

And yes Genzai with Yukio is a nice combo too. That was the set up I used when the alternate profiles were first released.

In the game against Ito I had 3 support models, Oda, Genzai, and Old Zo. I really like all of them but 3 support models is just too much rice investment. I felt out gunned even though we had the same number of models, 7, and he had 2 shisai and Nayoko as support. I'd be hard pressed to exclude Oda from any of my lists, Iron Fist Gumi or not, so Old Zo might have to wait for battles against some monks where he'll really shine.

Ret-MattT's picture
Ret-MattT

Genzai with Dafukaia equals Inferno T1. That´s an Ito'esque amount of token damage, but with Fire, and is a great tactical option. As it´s a Pulse it ignores Ninja and Bake shenanigans too. Very neat.

Oda plus Genzai is enough for support I´d say too. Else you start thinning the ranks to much. You want 2 Butos and Dafukaia at minimum over the support crew. The rest is more of a personal thing.

minoa

I was mistaken with 1 ki boost on Dafukaia. Thought he had ki boosts for 2 ki normally. Still not bad but not as good as I first thought.

announcement