What's new in 2017?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
minoa
What's new in 2017?

Any way anybody in the know want to spill the beans on what's in store for Bushido in 2017? I'm really stoked about the 4ground terrain coming. At least 2 new factions should be released this year and obviously new models all around. Anything else being talked about/ planned? Another wave of faction special cards? New scenarios? A new edition of the rules?

Might as well add wishlisting to this thread... Here's a couple thoughts.

1. Some new scenario types. Maybe a single 50mm idol scenario or some kill count scenario. Would be really cool to get a scenario or 2 that was specifically played on or was tied to the new 4ground terrain in some way.

2. I like the special cards but understand if some people think it leads to "game bloat". If no new cards are being planned, GCT could let the community create and vote on a single new theme card for each faction. Put them up in the download section, wouldn't cost them a dime.

3. I've said it before, might as well say it again... A campaign system for Bushido would be my #1 wish, should have put this first.

4. Like most of the community, I think some nice official counters would be cool. Make them faction specific for the extra flavor.

5. And something personally for me. Give me a drunk monk to play in the STS. Make him a dual faction model with the Ro-kan if you must. Fluff wise, he'd fit in no problem. I don't want evil monks in my warband but drunk ones are totally fine.

Let's help out GCT with some cool ideas to make 2017 the "way of the warrior".

Ret-darkframboisier
Ret-darkframboisier's picture

- Bouncing on your requests: I posted a while ago a couple of ideas for new scenario interactions (dropping, collecting, rampaging) to help create new scenarios in the Ret Barracks, but it has risen no interest whatsoever so far. Guess that's not for now.

- Campaign would but great even if FatherKnowsBest already had done something great about it:

http://data-sphere.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2323&start=120

- 100% agree with you on the official token thingy, + that would be a great mean of income for GCT.

- Finally, more cross-factions models! Your idea of a drunken style fighting monk in both STS and Ro-kan, I love it. I'd love a snake ninja in Ito and KKz, why not a Takashi Pirate, or a Yurei-Ito undead snake?

Da Gobbo's Grotto
Da Gobbo's Grotto's picture

I love the idea of a drunken monk!

i don't care for kill scenarios, but Ret - darkframbosier's scenarios are worthy of uptake. Campaigns are easy enough to organise as a series of linked games but I'm not sure I want to see character progression as  a thing

"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. When you listen, you learn something new."
Dalai Lama

“Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain"
Sun Tze. The Art of War

minoa

Yeah I seen your idea for a new scenario, Ret-darkframboisier. 2 thoughts on it... First was, it seemed word-y. Short rules and quick explanation for people with the attention span of a gnat. And second, people like "official" things. I would have no problem playing homebrew stuff but not all my group would be game.

I'd love something like what FatherKnowsBest put together. Polish it up and put it up in the download section!

As for kill everything scenarios, I agree they don't always work. Maybe tie VP points to rice cost of models killed or tie VP points to the turn number somehow. Or make the first 3 turns about killing a certain amount of models/rice cost and the last 3 turns about making a certain number of models survive. Just some random thoughts.

Ret-MattT
Ret-MattT's picture

Not arriving with a fanfare, but there´s a small change coming that´ll breathe new life into a lot of figures. I reckon it´ll impact warband building and tactics more than anything seen in a quite while. It´s not sexy, uber cool nor anything like it. Yet huge.

Make of it what you want smiley

The Eagle shares the nest. The Dragon burns it. Join the Black Eagle and crush the usurpers!

minoa

OK Ret-MattT, not bad, that's a start. I'm assuming since a new errata coming was mentioned in the rules section, the two are connected. If they are, a rule change could mean anything...

Now give us the real goods! Give us the top 3 topics being discussed in that secret retainer section.

Another wishlist idea. A release of generic models, maybe like a starter kit, with extra heads/arms/weapons/hats/bits so all the factions can make extra kairai, pheasants, bushi, etc. I would also customize my warband with the kit.

Damon Carlton
Damon Carlton's picture

That's no fair ret matt. Spill the beans. Isn't the errata due tomorrow??

Rule'z of the Nerdherd
A proud owner of a gold Bushido coin and a wooden spoon.

GCT Master Enos
GCT Master Enos's picture

Retainers have until tomorrow to look over the errata, then it goes to the production team.

I should have the new tournament pack out by the end of January.

Grand Master of Bushido (Smog Con '14)

Damon Carlton
Damon Carlton's picture

New tournament pack..... Interesting. How long will production take?? Roughly....

Rule'z of the Nerdherd

contextual

well for my new i'm planning on building a new website, lenny face wish me luck.

Ret-MattT
Ret-MattT's picture
Damon Carlton wrote:

The Eagle shares the nest. The Dragon burns it. Join the Black Eagle and crush the usurpers!

Ret-MattT
Ret-MattT's picture

Damon Carlton wrote:

It´s a force multplier of sorts :) You´ll go, "sounds reasonable" first and then "h*ck, that means x do for y and y do for x. I got to check my whole faction roster!"

minoa

I'm clueless...Which most of you here probably already assumed! Haha

GCT Master Enos
GCT Master Enos's picture

Errata and Tournament Pack are complete.  They just have to be made pretty and they will go up for download.

The tournament pack has something new everyone will want to try.

Grand Master of Bushido (Smog Con '14)

Damon Carlton
Damon Carlton's picture

Excellent. Looking forward to reading them

Rule'z of the Nerdherd

gharwars

Hi, does anyone know why i cannot create new topics? It says they are created when I press Save, but the topics never appear.
Thanks

quazard
quazard's picture

Minimoto !!!!!

Ret-A_Palmer
Ret-A_Palmer's picture

gharwars wrote:

Hi, does anyone know why i cannot create new topics? It says they are created when I press Save, but the topics never appear. Thanks

sorry, I have no idea. We're going to have to wait for someone with admin access to figure that one out.

Studio
Studio's picture

gharwars as far as I can see there's no reason why you can't, your account is the same as everyone else. Maybe try another browser?

yorikiri

Studio wrote:

gharwars as far as I can see there's no reason why you can't, your account is the same as everyone else. Maybe try another browser?

Hi, gharwars here... OK, I figured it out, I didn't realise you aren't allowed to post links. I tried various browers and even made this new account. I must have missed that bit somewhere probably really obvious. Any time I tried to post a thread which contained a link it would say 'topic has been created' but never actually create the topic. Quite confusing, it would be better if it actually said it couldn't post the topic!

I hope it's ok for me to post broken-up links with spaces in them in my topics?

Oh an apologies for the 'test' threads I have made whilst trying to post.