Andy's Big List of Bushido-suitable terrain

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ret-A_Palmer's picture
Ret-A_Palmer
Andy's Big List of Bushido-suitable terrain

I thought I'd start to condense all the separate bits of information on where to get Japanese-themed terrain:

mastercrafted.co.uk - for some monkey shrines and gorintos (as seen in Kabocha's thread here: http://bushido-thegame.com/comment/22524#comment-22524 )  UK based.

Sarissa Precision - laser cut buildings and some props.  Buildings have hollow interiors.  Some are really bloody big.  UK based.

Oshiro - resin buildings and random props are available.  Buildings are solid resin and have no interiors. UK based.

4ground - laser cut buildings, some carts.  Buildings have hollow interiors.

John Jenkins - resin buildings, I believe they are hollow - still needs varification.

Armorcast - there's a u in armour you heathens!  Range is a bit limited.

Plastcraft - terrain for another Japanese game, but some of it works for Bushido.

Lost Village Terrain - not sure if it's laser cut or 3D printed, but you can see an example with Kabocha's wall.

Renaissance Miniatures - laser cut terrain, interiors are hollow.  US based.

Really good bamboo: ebay!  The bamboo is very bendy and flexible.  Not rigid at all, but it seems very durable and can be bashed around a lot before damage sets in.

If anyone finds any other good places for Bushido terrain, post here and I'll keep the list updated.  If there's lots and lots of links to do, I'll start to organise them into groups like "Buildings" "Props" "Forest".

carados's picture
carados

Aquarium ornaments are sometimes themed on Japan.  Pet shops are my main source of terrain.  You can also find lots of plants/trees etc. via aquarium plants =)

Saynt's picture
Saynt

Second the petshops. My local Petco often has ridiculously elaborate Asian-themed decoration for dirt cheap

dmeep's picture
dmeep

This thread is poised to become really usefull

There is a kickstarter that I didnt back that had a pretty sweet looking fishing village from lasercut mdf. dont know if theyre open to the public yet they looked like they wanted to use KS as a preordering system and instead of opening up the asian terrain to the eneral public theyre into generic pirate terrain for their next KS sadly... anyone has better info on this?

I recently aquired a buddha statue for 2.4£ at a what i like to call general crap store (krimskrams butik) you know the one with the insence, the skullshaped winglasses, franklin mint plates and crystals and general eastern statues and some fancifull knifes that looks like klingons made them for your wicca rituals

It needs to be painted but was cheap enough and small enough to fit for a Temple board somewhere down the line.

Apart from that youve posted most of the sites I would go to

Gale force 9 battle field in a box for trees woods and/or the classic GW wood.

trees that arent bamboo can porbably be gotten from a model train store aswell but the one I checked out didnt have anything that caught my eye despite the fact that everyone else seems to do so on the internet.

ork56

It's only limited at the minute, but Kabocha mentioned Chimpenstein's terrain in the noted thread above. He does some amazing stuff that some of you may have seen, like the wall. We are trying to get him to do it on a wider basis.

lostvillageterrain.co.uk

minoa

This is good shit. I've just ordered a 4ground peasant farmer's house. Couldn't find any Dimensions on it but I'm hoping it's big enough to fight inside. Anybody have any of the 4ground japanese stuff? I also looked for asaian trees and such and could only really find shrines. My modeling skill straight blow so I'm looking for stuff that's already completed.

Ret-A_Palmer's picture
Ret-A_Palmer

Did someone say... trees?

Ebay has a good selection of HO scale trees (basically Bushido scale).

I haven't got any 4ground stuff myself but the Scottish players in Dundee seem to like them.

skrivanek

I've gotten a TON of this stuff: http://renaissanceminiatures.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_East-Asian_Village_Series. The buildings are all pretty sweet.

Ret-A_Palmer's picture
Ret-A_Palmer

I would have included them if they provided clear instructions on how to actually order their product and provide pricing.  At the moment if you didn't get it during the Kickstarter, I have no idea how to get hold of their terrain.

skrivanek

The asian village stuff should be on their site for ordering soon.

Saynt's picture
Saynt

I love the small shrine at lostvillageterrain.co.uk

minoa

You should add accessories and bases to this list. I know bases have been discussed before but all I can find are the secret weapon ones.

skrivanek

You can now buy the Asian Village terrain from here http://renaissanceminiatures.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_East-Asian_Village_Series now.

Aaron

dmeep's picture
dmeep

their site is so clunky

http://renaissanceminiatures.com/store/products/eastAsianOS/

theres the link to the asian terrain in their store

Ithil

Goiod day Sir.

I just bought the 4ground shogunate village and had a lot of fun building it and they look great.

On the other hand I realised that the Bushido model cannot pass through the door if we take the base volume into consideration.

I was wondering if there had been any ruling stating something like "if you cannot pass the door, you cannot enter".

Since this buildings are hollow I find it a shame not too be able to go inside (although the tactical advantage to go inside is another debate).

Thank you for your input.

Pierre Roques

Nightvision

Great list thanks! :)

announcement
yenohoney