Bushido + 4Ground = Terrain

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Saynt
Saynt's picture
Bushido + 4Ground = Terrain

I cannot describe how exited I am for this pairing. Having picked up some of their general samurai themed houses and seen the quality, while being frustrated with the space on the interior, I can only imagine how awesome terrain made specifically for Bushido will work! 

minoa

Hell yeah. Let's hope they address the cramped interiors. This could be great.

Wogshrog

Anyone knows when is the Salute London 2017 they are talking about ?

And I really do hope they put back the profile cards in the wave preview !

Ret-Fleafa
Ret-Fleafa's picture

Excited about this. Interested to see if they adopt a more appropriate scale than their existing Shogunate Japan range for the Bushido range.

minoa

After giving it some thought, they could do some really amazing things if they go a different direction from what we generally think of terrain as.

I'm picturing your table as the ground floor of a teahouse/restaurant. They could release a kit(s) that had exterior walls, stairs for 2nd floor/catwalks, tables, a bar, etc. Imagine having your games totally inside a building! How about the zone of control scenarios could be tables and the models are fighting on top of the tables! Models with jump could really shine with catwalks and you could get some great cinematic moments during the game. I'd love to have my STS bust up some opponents in their own gambling dens.

I'm sure they're just going to go the traditional route with the kits but here's to hoping...

Da Gobbo's Grotto
Da Gobbo's Grotto's picture

Minoa, I agree totally! My new board will be the interior of a Daimyo's palace for my Ryu faction, I've got the flooring all sorted and some of the walls. Just need to decide on some other details and I can start building it after Xmas.

i get my STS after Xmas as well so love the idea of a tea palace!

"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. When you listen, you learn something new."
Dalai Lama

“Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain"
Sun Tze. The Art of War

michaelgellar

I hope you are right, it would be cool to see a board like this. Because it is 2x2 it's small enough to make it feasible to create this game board and still be affordable.

I hope long term Bushido adds more rules for interacting with terrain like the ability to climb, jump, etc.

Saynt
Saynt's picture

Mihael, I wouldn't mind climb/jump rules as long as they had to resolve in the same turn. I don't want to have any more tokens to signify that the models are mid-climb up a surface cluttering up the play surface.

Minoa, this could very well be the case, as some of their newer stuff like the Twin Peaks mall seems to be completely interior. This would be amazing, but I'd definately like to see some smaller outbuildings/exterior flourishes as well. Then again, I want them to build the whole Jwar isles out of MDF so I'm sure i'll be happy with whatever they put out =P

yenohoney