What is an Effect?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sora9785
What is an Effect?

Tora Jung has the unique ability to give death sentence marker when she is removed via an Effect.
Do attacks count As an Effect?
Do special attacks (and to a greater extend special defenses) count As an Effect?
I think stuff like bleed is considered As an Effect.

What about Ki feats like "Look into The void" and" Touch of the void"? Are they considered As an Effect?

Sorry for asking so much. I hope I dont get on your nerves.

Ret-dgraz's picture
Ret-dgraz

Effects: This is a catch-all term for various rules including Ki Feats, Theme bonuses, Unique Effects, Event Cards or others. Usually, for timing we say “Effects that happen in this phase” or similar; this means any rule that says it happens in that phase.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.

GCT Master Enos's picture
GCT Master Enos

Effects: This is a catch-all term for various rules including Ki Feats, theme bonuses, Unique Effects, Event Cards or others. Usually, for timing we say “Effects that happen in this phase” or similar; this means any rule that says it happens in that phase.

For Tora Jung, any rule on an enemy card and any enemy attack is an "Effect".
Basically don't (Somehow) kill her your self or let her die to states in the end phase.

Bleed, Fire and Poison are effects but we don't generally track where they came from so they are never enemy effects.  If she dies to these you don't get the benefit.

Grand Master of Bushido (Smog Con '14)

announcement
yenohoney