Ask GCT Studios...

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Studio
Studio's picture
Ask GCT Studios...

Post your questions in this thread, those selected to be answered in the blog will win the author 10 Silvermoons.

Ereshkigal
Ereshkigal's picture

Well... i'll ask the thing i think everyone wants to know:

"what are the next two factions that are coming next?"

But for myself i would like to ask something different:

"what's your thought process when balancing factions? Do you have tournaments in mind?"

"what do you think about the overall balance of the game?"

"i keep getting reports when i run Bushido demo about too much luck involved in the game, do you think it's true and if not, why? If yes, are you planning something to mitigate it?"

(the last question is because in my gaming area we play warmachine and hordes, where the luck is almost nonexistant)

My miniature painting page! https://www.facebook.com/fullmoonworkshop

Orochi
Orochi's picture

Ret-Ereshkigal wrote:

"i keep getting reports when i run Bushido demo about too much luck involved in the game, do you think it's true and if not, why? If yes, are you planning something to mitigate it?"

This.   I find that luck in this game plays a big part, more than other dice games.  For me, I find that the lack of base stat's (ATT/DEF/RES/STR whatever) means that at time's a success in melee can come down to a dice off rather that the usual stat +D6 vs Stat +D6.  I recently picked up the Ronin rule book and found that they have a similar combat system to Confrontation (and therefore in part Bushido) and they mitigate the luck element with stat's plus your combat pool.  Could be something to think about. 

Ret-JamesHasker09
Ret-JamesHasker09's picture

Are you guys working n more/different type of scenarios?

Grand Master 2016

dmeep
dmeep's picture

Are you currently working on a mode in the venue of ragnarok (confrontation) unbound(warmachine) apocalypso (westindinan-40k) that would up the scale with the hope of selling more models and either have it an unpopular alternate playmode that sees little to no use or destroy the game in the process?

Im hoping for no in this one obviously if the wording of the question doesnt make that clear.

As I am a big fan of Onimusha games (playstation), Shogun(book/tv-series) etc will Jwar isles ever get visitors from the west that arent envoys from the emperors court?

Is there a campaign system in the works where the outcome of battles affect the next one? either via character upgrades (buying traits for exp, extra base dice, the ability to ki boost stats or free upgrades) or other advantages.

Do you plan on releasing any terrain, token sets or other non-dice bushido game accesories?

When all factions are released will you still release one model per faction each wave?

Why is the black eagle armed with a tetsubo? thats the bearclans weapon of choice isnt it?

What faction does everyone around the GCT office play?

Who is the best bushido player around the office?

Do you still play confrontation? (youve stated in numerous interwiews that you used to play it before rackham folded) If you still play: primary faction and whos the best?

Wil there ever be theme lists where you get certain advantages for limiting your hireing pool? (warmachine and malifaux springs to mind)

If you pick multiple questions can i be awarded more then 10 silvermoons or should i stop posting questions now?

Ret-Ruro
Ret-Ruro's picture

Well time for my little wall of text.

Do you want to add more unique attacks like Kato's Ivory Prison attack or are thoose a thing
of the past and now we will only have new but non-unique special attacks and defenses (like
immobilising attack and held)?

How powerfull do you find Wave and Silvermoon as many people in my area tend to comment on
how weak they find Wave while how overpowered Silvermoon is? (Ppl especially hate how
Harukichi can reroll almost anything)

Is there a set order for the factions after the Tengu or will this be decided by polls?
Will there be more type of cards in the future for the factions or will you just release
more of the same types?

As others asked before: Will there be rules for Campaign games? How would they work?

The newer factions like Ito and Silvermoon have their Starter sets available to buy as a
whole or by figure. Will you release figure by figure blisters for the older factions too as well?

VIP Scenarios tend to be the least favourite.(Mainly because models with Camo(2) or Disguise
can just walk through them). Do you guys intend to rework VIP scenarios because of this?

Is there a chance for more lore related stuff added to the website?

Will you release another book soon? Maybe a Campaign related one with lots of fluff ? cheeky

How is your other game coming around? Are there any particular challanges in making a
boardgame compared to a Skirmish game?

carados
carados's picture

My first question is...

"Who is the strongest Oni?"

Another thing I am curious about is "how will you differentiate all of the other factions?"  The Minimoto clan so far look as if they are just going to be a more armoured, tougher and stronger version of the Prefecture with perhaps a little less support pieces.  Is there enough for you to work with to give each faction their own unique play style whilst still being fun to play?

"How are you going to deal with future releases when other factions are released?"  Having 6+ releases every two months almost seems too much and may affect the very good balance that the game currently possesses.  Will there come a point when you can't really add anything to a faction/can you avoid a faction stagnating?

"When are we getting more dragons? Will they follow particular elements (air, water, fire etc.) or will they be distinguished by other means?"

Greeny
Greeny's picture

If you were to do digital releases (like Wyrd chronicles for instance) would it be possible for those to contain campaign packs, new scenarios, tutorials, stories etc supplied by the community? (I've been working on a improvement campaign since smogcon that I would love to shar at some point)

Does Master Ekusa's turtle really have an all powerful apocalyptic special ability it chooses not to use?

Will we ever see the dark priests hunted down by the ito in miniature form?

Can we have a pygmy please? just one...

when will we start seeing more stories  to expand the world?

When are the next set of upgrade cards due for release?

Toby was going to show me 'something cool'  on his phone at smogcon, but it had no power.. what was that? it bugs me to this day...

Atrus
Atrus's picture

mmm a lot of questions already ^^

There is a hidden playstyle with the SavageWave that we cannot see?

There will be a Ki-Rin for the Temple (or another faction) in the Future?

How many "designed by players" models are still in the making? are cool? (I guess yes :P)

What is the favourite Faction of each of the GCT Staff members?

What is the favourite Model of each of the GCT Staff members?

Can we have some fluff about the Grey Pilgrim? ^^

What is the most terrifying thing in Sagoya and the swamps?

Who is the actual Buto arena champion?

Who is the wisest Master Monk?

There are any legendary fighter among the Bakemono tribes?

Bushido its not about Killing, its about Tactic.
Welcome to the Oriental-Fantasy-Fusion Game.
http://thetempleofbushido.wordpress.com

Malhorme
Malhorme's picture

Hi there.
I only have one at this time:
"How will you chose the 10 sm winin questions?"

More seriously
"How could we convince you to release some terrain elements (shrines, idols) dedicated to each faction?"

"Will we get to learn more on the Jwar islands?"

Thanks for reading!

M

Ret-MattT
Ret-MattT's picture

Will the storyline move forward?

The Eagle shares the nest. The Dragon burns it. Join the Black Eagle and crush the usurpers!

Ret-JamesHasker09
Ret-JamesHasker09's picture

Will cult will some basic grunts that arent karso?
Grunt birakuman?
Grunt nezumis?

Will there be more karai types?
Bakamono karai, tengu karai?

How do you choose what folklore yokai atre appropiate to apply to bushido?

Grand Master 2016

skrivanek

Are there any plans for a narrative campaign pack?

When is the next book coming out (and what will be in it)?

As the game progresses, and the existing armies grow, how will you make sure new factions (the forthcoming Tengu and Bear Clan and such) stay on an equal footing, in terms of number of models?

Ret-DasLeo
Ret-DasLeo's picture

Will there be sub-faction/Minor Clan themed releases?

Jaguar Clan for the Ito for example.

Ret-A_Palmer
Ret-A_Palmer's picture

Will there be Theme special cards and what will they look like?

It always goes to tiebreakers.

The Jumo Ring - a Bushido Blog

Atrus
Atrus's picture

What is the favourite Faction of each of the GCT Staff members? why?

Bushido its not about Killing, its about Tactic.
Welcome to the Oriental-Fantasy-Fusion Game.
http://thetempleofbushido.wordpress.com

Malhorme
Malhorme's picture

Hi team

The Jwar Islands have still loads to reveal. Will we get to discover more about them? Could we immagine some map based campaigns set in a specific location? Scenarios replaying "historical" events?

Thanks for reading
Joueur 1156
Joueur 1156's picture

Malhorme wrote:

Hi team

The Jwar Islands have still loads to reveal. Will we get to discover more about them? Could we immagine some map based campaigns set in a specific location? Scenarios replaying "historical" events?

Thanks for reading

I would love an historical multi-player campaign. With several games impacting the others. *dream*

Studio
Studio's picture

Hey guys,

Remember, one question per player per week.

Keep them coming.

Ret-Ridmasta

One for all the savage wave players: Do you have plans to release the Rinsho bakemono soon?

Its the only thing I forgot to ask in the interview cool

www.fanplasticlittlemen.blogspot.com

Hobby Blog and Painting Service

Ret-MattT
Ret-MattT's picture

Will we see figures from different times in history? Say Hanso when he originally was in Ito Clan.

The Eagle shares the nest. The Dragon burns it. Join the Black Eagle and crush the usurpers!

Ret-Randis

Do you plan releases of a different "scale" than Bushido to expand the world of the jwar isles?

Maybe some kind of Risk/Shogun/Ikusa (maybe more trade related) in the Jwar isles. Which gameboard would make a great campaign map, perhaps?

Or maybe a more accessory one like "Cho/Han" Jwar Style? I'm feeling tired of tossing coins...

Atrus wrote:

Can we have some fluff about the Grey Pilgrim? ^^

Yes please!!

Is the "Grey Pilgim" some kind of diguised thundergod traveling the lands in seach of capable fighters to fight in a "deadly" tournament for earth? ;)

Scorpio
Scorpio's picture

Was there one element from designing a fig that really didn't work out, but you still regret not including?

minoa

Will there be any kind of "crossover" between the skirmish game and the new upcoming boardgame?

Bobsan

Could Bikou get a car for another fraction in the future? It seems like ninja could be mercenary like an be working for the pay which would open up Ito, Silvermoon or a couple of the unreleased fractions.

and

Are there any more ninja coming?

GCT Gordon
GCT Gordon's picture

Everybody likes ninjas right ??

So prepare to be excited (in the not to distant future,say like September maybe!)

dmeep
dmeep's picture

Do you plan on releasing any terrain, token sets or other non-dice bushido game accesories in the near future?

reposting this one as my one question per week

carados
carados's picture

Once you have released models for all of the factions, what happens then?  Will you continue to keep adding models for every faction or will there come a point when it becomes unfeasible and addition releases require a new gaming system to continue?

Ereshkigal
Ereshkigal's picture

What happens when you realize a model is too weak for his rice long after the release date? Do you "patch" him or you try to build a new model who synergize well with him in order to make him better? And what happens when a model is too strong? 

I ask this while thinking about Waka, no one plays him even if he's a cool model (with bad rules sadly) and leaving him behind feels like a waste. 

My miniature painting page! https://www.facebook.com/fullmoonworkshop

Studio
Studio's picture

Just going to close this until we run it again next month.

Topic locked